Another book tag!! This one I found thanks to Becca and Books (who found it on a YouTube channel, I think) and thought it would be cool to do as well. I’m really doing more of memes and tags often nowadays but oh well. Let’s get started!
1. Black: Name a series that’s tough to get into but has hardcore fans.
I can’t say whether this series has ‘hardcore fans’, but there are definitely people who like this series: Matched trilogy by Ally Condie. If you have read my review on the first book, you know my feelings on it! 😉
Another one would be The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. I was able to finish the series, but it was hard to get into.
2. Peppermint mocha: Name a book that gets more popular during the winter or a festive time of year.
I think I’d have to go with A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. Obviously, with ‘Christmas’ in the name, it’s definitely a more festive type of book, while teaching an important lesson on the true meaning of Christmas.
3. Hot chocolate: What is your favorite children’s book?
Hmm… I think I have to go with The Twits by Roald Dahl, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl or Charlotte’s Web by E.B White.
4.Double shot of espresso: Name a book that kept you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.
Well, technically this is a series, but it applies individually for each book as well: the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan (i.e. The Lost Hero, The Son of Neptune, The Mark of Athena, The House of Hades, and The Blood of Olympus). There was constantly something interesting going on, and definitely kept me on the edge of my seat. 🙂
5. Starbucks: Name a book you see everywhere.
I’m going to have to go with the Fifty Shades of Grey. Even though the movie’s been released over a month ago, I still see this book everywhere! , or more specifically, Insurgent, by Veronica Roth. Since the movie’s release on March 20th, (and even before that) I’ve been seeing more publicity for the book.
6. That hipster coffee shop: Give a book by an indie author a shoutout.
Dream Weaver by Su Williams. It’s a really good book! Check out the synopsis from Goodreads HERE.
7. Oops! I accidentally got decaf: Name a book you were expecting more from.
I’ll be repeating the answer for the first question for this one: Matched by Ally Condie.
8. The perfect blend: Name a book or series that was both bitter and sweet but ultimately satisfying.
The Lux Series! There were ups and downs, heartbreaking and heartwarming moments, all adding up ultimately to an amazing and satisfying series!
UPDATE: Another series that applies to this would be the Tiger’s Curse series (Tiger’s Curse, Tiger’s Quest, Tiger’s Voyage and Tiger’s Destiny) by Colleen Houck. I recently finished the fourth book, and my emotions are still in a twist! It was awesome!
And so that concludes this book tag. I officially tag:
- Tasha @ Head in the Clouds, Heart in the Books
- Rachael @ Reading Rachael
- Parneet @ The Enchanted Book
- Shannon @ For the Love of Words
- Alicia @ #LoveBooks
- You! 🙂
Feel free to ignore this tag if you’ve done this before or if you’re not interested. Otherwise, I look forward to reading your answers!
Happy tagging (and eating)!