Hello my fellow bookworms! I was nominated by several lovely bloggers for the Blogger Recognition Award! I’d like to thank the following lovely bloggers/blogs for nominating me for this award:
- Amanda @ Amanda’s Book Nook
- The Girl Who Reads
- Catia @ The Girl Who Read Too Much
- Ashley @ Dear World
- Josephine @ Josie’s Book Corner
- Alicia @ #LoveBooks
- Cristina @ My Tiny Obsessions
- Lia @ Bookland
- Raven @ Dreamy Addictions
- Ana @ Ana’s Lair
- Paperback Discovery
- Charley @ Books and Bakes 1
- Anjie @ Love thy Shelf
- CK @ CK’s Reading Corner
- Eve @ Eve Messenger’s OtherWORDly Endeavors
- Rogan @ Signing On
- Rachel @ Life of a Female Bibliophile
- Makayla @ Random Reads
- Melanie @ Dat Little Blog
- Kira @ Fieitty Reads
- Jesalin @ Life: The Books, the Art and Nature
- Jade @ Book Muffin
- Alyssa @ Alyssa is Reading
Thank you all so much! ❤ If you haven’t already checked out their blogs, do so immediately because they are all fantastic. The bloggers themselves are so nice and I’m so happy I’m able to call them all my friends. ❤
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
Book Snacks: How it all began…
My blog story is pretty boring, to be honest. You can skip it if you want, I won’t be offended. But here’s how it goes.
I got the idea to create this blog after remembering how much I enjoyed blogging (as an English writing assignment) back in middle school. Back then the blog wasn’t only about books, it was on a variety of topics and I shared it with several other students. I used to write really long reviews and had lots of fun doing so, I might add, and so for several years I contemplated the idea of creating a book blog for writing reviews.
Then out-of-the-blue, sometime in February this year, I decided to create this blog. I don’t know how a blogging assignment from back, in, like Grade 7, managed to get into my head while in high school, but it did, and so that’s how Book Snacks was born! I only started posting things near the end of March though.
As for where the name came from, there’s not much to it other than the fact that I liked how it sounded… LOL. I was just brainstorming names one day, after reading a book, and I just happened to have thought of it. I had coincidentally also been eating a snack too, so I guess it was fate for my book blog to be named Book Snacks!
I can’t imagine ever stopping blogging, if I had to, I might post less frequently, but I definitely don’t plan on ever stopping. Blogging is a huge part of my life, definitely one of the best decisions I’ve made in a long time. I honestly feel so close to all of you bloggers out there! You know, one time, I finished a book, and I was like, oh my god, so and so blogger would love this! As if that was a friend I saw everyday. And I guess, in some ways, it’s true. I mean, I don’t see any of you guys in person, but I do communicate and chat with a lot of you often, and I definitely consider you guys my friends. 🙂 It has been such a great time for me making new friends and fangirling over books with all of you many bloggers!
Now, keep in mind I’m still technically a newbie blogger, considering how I’ve only been blogging for a little bit. But here’s some advice I would offer:
- Blog for yourself. One of the most important piece of advice anyone could ever give you! It doesn’t matter what others are saying, how many followers you have, or whatever, just as long as you blog what you want to blog about, and enjoy it.
- Don’t care about the numbers. It’s hard not to get down when we have no views, or very few likes and followers, but that’s not important. Just keep blogging, everything else will follow, bit by bit.
- Interact with other blogs/bloggers. Comment, like and follow other blogs! Not only does that bring other to your blog in return, it keeps you connected to the blogging community and helps to make friends too!
- Participate in memes. You may have noticed I participate in weekly bookish memes, like Top Ten Tuesday. Participating in memes can take you to other blogs with the same interests as you, as well as bring other bloggers to your blog. Not to mention they’re lots of fun!
- Write what you’re passionate about. If you don’t enjoy whatever you write about, then you’re not going to write your best, and that’s not going to make anyone happy. If you like books, write about books. If you like anime, write about anime. If you like both, write about both. There’s always going to be someone who feels the same way as you and will enjoy your work. Just as long as you put the effort to write about something you enjoy.
- Explore your creative side. Whether that’s found in your blog posts, your blog design, or in the pictures you use and graphics you create. Blogging is great for finding your sense of creativity, something we all have deep inside.
- Follow and read other blogs. Often you’ll find great posts, and some ideas for your own posts as well!
- Don’t be afraid to play around with your blog’s look. If you’re unsatisfied with your blog theme and visuals, or want to change it up, feel free to do so! Do what feels right for you.
- Most of all, have fun. Blogging isn’t supposed to be work. It can be, though, and that’s what you want to avoid. If ever you’re feeling depressed or pressured because of blogging, take a break! Relax. And once you’re good with everything, come back and simply enjoy yourself.
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books
- Maria @ Big City Bookworm
- Nola @ Bookfuls
- Becca @ Becca and Books
- Yoyo @ Talk Nerdy to Me?
- Tasha @ The Bookie Monsters
- Macy @ Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop Books
- Trisha Ann @ The Bookgasm
- Mikayla @ Get a Bookmark
- Brooke @ Brooke’s Books
- Anne @ TheLifeOfASecretGirl
- Books Over People
- Claire @ Art and Soul
- Bayleigh @ Bayz Books
- Love & Other Bookish Things
As always, I apologize if you’ve already done this award! I wouldn’t be surprised if you did, because it seems like this award is rapidly making its rounds everywhere. 🙂 If you have already done the award, simply link your post below if it’s not too much trouble.
Thank you once again to Amanda, The Girl Who Reads, Catia, Ashley, Josie, Alicia, Cristina, Lia, Raven, Ana, Paperback Discovery, Charley, Eve, & CK for all nominating me for this award! It means so much to me. ❤