Hey everyone! I haven’t done a tag in a while, so I thought I might as well do this one–in which I was tagged in by Summer @ XingSings. Thanks so much, Summer! This tag is one I had meant to do for a while now actually, but I never got around to it. It was created back when it was the release of Huntley Fitzpatrick’s novel The Boy Most Likely To (which I have yet to read, admittedly–I will, one day, promise!) and was really popular for a while! Now it’s just drifting around, I think. 😄 Basically we just share our own blogger superlative, and some other stuff (I think?), and invite others to do the same (as per usual in a book tag).
Alright, so are you ready for this? It was actually kind of hard to come up with only one, but finally I have reached one! And naturally, I cheated a bit and meshed two into one. Okay, here it is:
The Blog Most Likely To… Be Behind On Literally All The Reviews (And spend time squealing about books and chocolate instead)
Allow me to explain. (Yes, I realize you guys are all smart little minions but I am smarter* so hushhh)
If you’ve been around for a while, or even a bit, you know this is (unfortunately?) 110% true. As much as I would love for all of you lovely people to deny it, you just can’t. 😄 It’s totally not intentional, I swear it! But I just can’t keep up with writing reviews. Once I started slipping, it just kind of snowballed and now I can’t get out of it, aghhhhh. I literally have books I read over a year ago, like in May 2015, that I still haven’t reviewed, despite making a draft, telling myself I’d write up a review, etc. etc. I don’t know. LE SIGH. Around 98% of the time, I’m eating chocolate and read a new book rather than writing a review for the book I recently read.. which is really a bad habit of mine. I really enjoy writing reviews, I do! It’s so much fun expressing my thoughts on a book, especially if it’s one I loved.. or hated. 😉 But despite that, I seem to always never get them written?
*Hey, I like to dream, alright? No raining on my parade here.
Why do I procrastinate so much?
(I mean, eating chocolate instead is time very well spent, in my book, but others may not see it that way. :P)
- I love reviewing, but reading often becomes first for me. There are so many books to be read, I just want to keep picking up another book once I finish one! And once that happens, I get caught up in another book, and then another, and then another, and then.. I find that instead of one review to write, I have, like 5. And then 10. And then.. yeah, you know what I mean. 😀
- I don’t always like to write reviews right after finishing a book, because I feel like at that time, I’m most likely still reeling from the ending and everything, so it wouldn’t be a very helpful or 100% accurate review because I’d most likely either hype it up way more than I actually mean to, or, the opposite. So. I like to wait a bit more, to clear my head.. except then I kind of don’t get around to writing the review at all, because of what happens in the above. *SIGH* I am terrible, guys.
- Squealing about books and chocolate is so much more appealing sometimes? I like my books, and I like my chocolate too much, guys. #sorrynotsorry
I think I’m supposed to offer examples as well? But I can’t exactly do that, so… I’ll skip to the tagging!
This post is turning out to be very short! But this tag was a lot of fun to do–it was interesting to come up with the superlative, at least.
- Ali @ I Wuv Books
- Alicia @ #LoveBooks
- Amy @ Book Enthral
- Amy & Nikki @ Every Book You Need to Read and More
- Ashley @ Socially Awkward Bookworm
- Beth @ Reading Every Night
- Catia @ The Girl Who Read Too Much
- Claire @ Art and Soul
- Cristina @ My Tiny Obsessions
- Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse
- Emma @ Emma the Book lover
- Giovanna @ Book Coma
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books
- Poulami @ Daydreaming Books
- Kat @ Life and Other Disasters
- Sara @ Freadom Library
- Trang & Lashaan @ Bookidote
- Zezee @ Zezee with Books
As usual, no pressure if you don’t want to do this tag! And if you want to do it, but your name isn’t on here, don’t feel shy to go right ahead and do it! Let me know in the comments if you’d like to do it–and if you do it, please link back to this post so I can come check it out! ❤
Alright, so I think that’s it for this tag! What do you think? Do you agree with the superlative I chose for myself? (I won’t be too offended if you do. :P) Do you think I deserve another superlative instead? What do you think your own superlative would be? Let me know all and any thoughts in the comments! ❤
I hope you’re all enjoying your weekend!