Hey everyone! I know it’s already 5 days into February, but I finally got the motivation to do a wrap-up (I haven’t done them for about 2 months) so yay! January was nothing special, but it was relatively successful all the same!
- Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine: Yes, I finally picked it up! Go, me! 😀 It wasn’t half as bad of a read either, thankfully. There were a few things I liked, few things I disliked, so overall a good enough read. ★★★☆☆ ½ (3.5 stars)
- Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray: I really enjoyed this one! Maybe even more than the first book. Link to my review can be found a bit down below, if you want to check it out. 🙂 ★★★★☆ (4 stars)
- Threats of Sky and Sea by Jennifer Ellision: Not bad, but could’ve been better. Surrounding the theme and idea of elemental magic, I enjoyed this book well enough! I think maybe reading another book with the same theme at the same time might of affected my enjoyment a bit though. ★★★☆☆ ½ (3.5 stars)
- Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes: Read as part of a read-along, I liked this book! Lots of death and intrigue, though not without flaws. Definitely hoping it will get stronger as the series continues, though it was a pretty good start. ★★★☆☆ ½ (3.5 stars)
- The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan: One of my anticipated reads of 2015, I really enjoyed this one! Lots of mythology, and of course, Riordan charm. This book was so much fun to read! Link to review can be found below. ★★★★☆ (4 stars)
- You Were Here by Cori McCarthy: This book is an e-ARC I recieved from Netgalley—and I’m so glad I did! It was off to a rough start at first, but by the end I really loved it. ★★★★☆ ½ (4.5 stars)
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson: In every way that matters, this book was such a lovely book to read for me. The story, the characters, especially the writing, everything just pulled me in. I have to admit it took me a bit to get into it, but by the end of the book, I couldn’t remember why because it was so good! ★★★★☆ ½ (4.5 stars)
- For the Record by Charlotte Huang: Another very lovely book; this book, although perhaps not the perfect read for every reader, was still very entertaining! I found it very sweet and just couldn’t stop reading it! ❤ ★★★★☆ (4 stars)
- Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray
- The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Well, I haven’t conquered my pile of books that I want to review, but it’s a start!
- #28, January 5th: Top Ten Series I Want to Complete in 2016
- #29, January 12th: Top Ten Books I Meant to Read Last Year But Didn’t
- #36, Collective Edition: December 23rd & 30 + Jaunary 6th & 13th
- #37: January 20th
- #38: January 27th
- Is YA Fiction Too ‘Dark’ For Young Adults?
- Why It’s Okay to Write Negative Reviews
- Do You Need to Review ALL the Books You Read?
- I post a collection of January book releases
- I list a few things I discovered about Americans on my trip to the States
- I fangirl about the books I read in 2015 through the 2015 End of Year Book Survey
- I talk about my thoughts on the Shadowhunters pilot episode
- I share awesome bloggers and cool blog posts through Spotlight Saturday
- I post a collection of February book releases
So that’s’s it for this month! How did your month go? How many books did you read? Feel free to link your own wrap-up below! Let me know your thoughts in the comments. 🙂 Happy Friday, everyone!