Hello, lovely bookworms! I have a book tag for you all today, and it’s the Summer Reader Book Tag, created by the Booktuber Island of books, in which I happened to be tagged (over a month ago, I think…sorry!), by Alex the Shadow Girl and more recently, Kimsiang @ Lazy Caramel Reads and Charley @ Books and Bakes. Thanks so much for tagging me! 😉 You guys, if you haven’t followed these wonderful blogs, I urge you to do so right away. They’re both simply fantastic!
I know September’s fall season is approaching in Canada, but it’s still technically summer so… let’s get to it!
1. Lemonade: pick a book that started off bitter but got better.
Hmm… I think I’m going to have to go with The Maze Runner by James Dashner. Overall I liked it, but what can I say? I found the book to start off kind of slow, and didn’t really get into it until later on.
2. Golden Sun: pick a book that made you smile beyond compare.
A lot of books make me smile when reading, so this is actually quite hard since there are so many books I can choose! But I’m going to go with 2 books: Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli & Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. In both books the characters were so amazing, so relatable and likeable and I just couldn’t stop smiling!
3. Tropical Flowers: pick a book set in a foreign country.
There are surprisingly a lot of books I can think of for this, but I’m going to go with Cinder by Marissa Meyer, which, although is set in a futuristic world, is set in Beijing, so it counts! 😉 I love this book to death, by the way. Go read it asap!
4. Tree Shade: pick a book in which a mysterious or shady character was first introduced.
There are lots of people I can choose for this one! But I’m going to go with the Darkling from the Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo, or maybe Dr. John Dee from The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott. Both of these characters are quite high on the shady scale, that’s for sure!
5. Beach Sand: pick a book that was grainy, and the plot barely developed.
I’m going to go with Crossed by Ally Condie, the second book in the Matched trilogy. I could’ve also put Matched here as well, but I would say I found Crossed to be even more under-developed than Matched. It really is a bummer, I so wished I could’ve enjoyed the book and series more, but I just couldn’t. I felt like there was hardly anything going on in this book and nothing really stood out to me.
6. Green Grass: pick a character(s) that were full of life, making you smile.
I’m going to steal Alex’s answer for this one; the cast of characters from the Percy Jackson series & the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan were simply amazing! I just loved them all, they were so full of life and I honestly have no words. I absolutely love them! Percy, Annabeth, Leo, I love them all. 🙂
7. Watermelon: pick a book that had some juicy secrets.
I’m going to go with The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I know this said to choose a book, but TMI is perfect for this. There are definitely a lot of juicy secrets that are spilled in the series!
8. Sun Hat: pick a book that had a vast, big universe/setting.
The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas is immediately what I think of! This series has such incredible world-building. I simply love how intricate and detailed it all is.
9. BBQ: pick a book in which a character was portrayed as a hunk.
I’m going to choose Daemon from the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout for this one. He may have been a total jerk at first, but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t a total hunk!
10. Summer Fun: pass the tag on.
- Aimal @ Bookshelves and Paperbacks
- Alleydies @ From Beyond Infinity
- Amy @ Curiouser and Curiouser
- Anjie @ Love Thy Shelf
- Ashley @ Dear World…
- Claire @ Coffeeholic Bookworm
- CW @ Read Think Ponder
- Dimple @ Enthralling Dimple
- Emily @ Diary of a Bibliophile
- Emily @ Little Book Affair
- Felicia @ Felicia Sue Lynn Reviews
- Illeana @ Illeana’s Book Reviews
- Josie @ Josie’s Book Corner
- Katie @ Sherlockianbooklover
- Kelsey @ Don’t You Shush Me
- Liv @ Liv’s Little Library
- Makayla @ Random Reads
- Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books
- Michelle @ The Writing Hufflepuff
- Nicole @ Away in Neverland
- Parneet @ The Enchanted Book
- Poulami @ Daydreaming Books
- Raven @ Dreamy Addictions
- Summer @ Xingsings
- Tasha @ Head in the Clouds, Heart in the Books
- Tiffani @ The Book Venom
- Trisha @ The Bookgasm
I was hesitating on tagging so many people, one of the reasons being because I know summer is over for a lot of people, and so it’s not exactly the right time to do a summer tag. But… I tagged people anyway because I we should spread the summer love (that will probably have the winter people nostalgic that summer is over, but oh well). 🙂 If you already did this tag, just leave a link below (if you’d like). And if you don’t want to do this tag, no worries, just let me know below. Apologies in advance if that’s the case!
Also, please please please do not feel guilty or embarrassed over mentioning in the comments below if you want to do this tag, because if you do I would be more than happy to tag you to do it! I will even add your name to the post. 😉 I always feel kind of bad when doing these because I know I’m leaving out a lot of people, so please do not hesitate to let me know! ❤ I’d love to see your choices for this cool tag. Link to this post if you do it so I’m sure to not miss it!
Anyway, what do you think of my choices? Agree? Disagree? Let me know in the comments below! I’d love to hear what you think. Also: Let me know whether it’s summer where you live! I’d love to know, haha.
Enjoy your weekend!