Hi! Today I have another tag, which I was tagged in by Casey @ Inspired by the Page & Raven @ Dreamy Addictions. Their blogs are great, and if you haven’t already, you must definitely check them out! So now, without further ado, The Secret Life of a Book Blogger book tag!
How long have you been a blogger?
I created my blog sometime in mid-February this year, but I’ve only been blogging for about 3 1/2 to 4 months. Does it show? 😄
At what point do you think you will stop?
Never, if I have anything to do with it! Even though I’ve only been blogging for a while, blogging has become a huge part of my life and I can’t imagine not blogging. Maybe I might post less often, but I’d never completely stop! I have too many friends I’d lose if I stopped. 🙂
What is the best thing?
Interacting and making friends with other bloggers! I’ve made so many friends while blogging and that is the absolute best for sure! The WordPress blogging community is sooo welcoming, and bloggers always manage to put a smile on my face.
What is the worst thing? What do you do to make it okay?
The worst thing… I don’t know, to be honest. I mean, I don’t really have any worries right now about blogging. I guess I sometimes used to feel pressured to post. I can’t quite say what I did to make it okay… I guess I just dealt with it by finishing up several posts in one day and having them ready for the following days. I don’t schedule things often though anymore. But don’t worry, I’m over all that now. 🙂 The most important thing is to have fun and enjoy oneself!
How long does it take you to create/find pictures to use?
Depends. For book reviews, not long, as I simply go to Goodreads and upload the book cover to my post. Probably 5 minutes at the most. For awards, not that long either, pretty much as long as it takes for the book reviews, I just go to Google Images and search up the award banner. If I feel like including pictures to go alongside my facts or answers, it might take a bit longer though, maybe 10 or 15 minutes? For tags, wrap-ups, hauls and the like, it takes much longer, because I create the graphics (banners) for them myself. It takes a while to get the background right, the text, and everything. I can’t exactly say how long they take. Here’s some examples of graphics I made myself:
I have lots of fun creating them!
Who is your book crush?
Crush? As in, singular? Umm, you all know by now that’s not possible for me. So here are several:
- Warner from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Will from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
- Jace from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
- Rhysand from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- Raffe from Angelfall by Susan Ee
- Daemon from Lux by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Seth from Covenant by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Aiden from Covenant by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Roth from Dark Elements by Jennifer L. Armentrout (LOL, don’t question the numerous guys created by Jennifer Armentrout. She’s queen at these kind of stuff!) 😄
- Peter from To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- Wes from The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
- Akiva from Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
- Dorian from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- Chaol from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (Yes, I’m choosing two characters from the same series. Deal with it!)
- Mal from The Grisha by Leigh Bardugo
- The Darkling from The Grisha by Leigh Bardugo (Don’t you dare question it)
- Gideon from Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
- Noah from Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkins
- Logan from Defiance by C.J. Redwine
- Four from Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Kishan from Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck
- Levi from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Update July 25th 2015:
- Percy from Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan
- Leo from Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan
- Alex from Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- Julian from Delirium by Lauren Oliver
I know I’m missing somebody… (even after, what, 20 people? LOL. I’m a very faithful and loyal person, I swear! Just not when it comes to book boyfriends. :P)
I’m getting carried away, aren’t I?
What author would you like to have on your blog?
Omg so many!!! Okay, for one, Sarah J. Maas for sure. And Cassandra Clare. And Jennifer Armentrout. And Kiera Cass. And Suzanne Collins. And John Green. And Leigh Bardugo. And Sarah Dessen. And Jenny Han. And Rainbow Rowell. And too many other to count. 😄
What do you wear when you write your blog posts?
My pyjamas! I love my PJs. I usually write my blog posts in the morning or in the evening, both times when I’m in my PJs.
How long does it take you to prepare?
Well, to write a book review in one sitting, it would usually take around an hour, to get it completely perfected and edited. For shorter books, like novella, it would take me around 3o minutes, I guess. I don’t usually do tags in one sitting, so it may take several days for me to complete a tag. It depends though, if it’s a tag where it’s simply questions (and not questions that requires you to choose a book for a specific topic), then I guess I can complete it in an hour, at the most.
For wrap-ups, hauls and monthly book releases, it takes much longer (which is why I usually work on them in parts and in advance) because I have to look back on all the posts I’ve done in the month, and the books I have bought and downloaded, or in the case of monthly book releases, look into books I’m interested in being released the following month (and then download the covers for said books, get the Goodreads link, the date they’re being released, organize them on my post, etc.).
How do you feel about the book blogger community/culture?
They are fantastic! And I can honestly, sincerely say that. They’re basically my family and friends, without the annoying part. 😉 I feel so close to so many bloggers (basically with every one I’ve talked to), and the blogging community is simply great.
What do you think one should do to get a successful blog?
Well, I guess it depends on your definition of ‘success’. And I’m no expert, I’m technically a newbie blogger, but I’m just going to repeat a few that I listed a few days ago on the blogger recognition award:
- Interact with other bloggers. Like, comment and follow. Not only does it bring others to your blog, you get to make new friends and find inspiration for blog posts.
- Blog about something you enjoy. This is so important!
- Have fun!
Who do you tag?
- Ana @ Ana’s Lair
- Amanda @ Chocolate Pages
- Josie @ Josie’s Book Corner
- Maren @ The Worn Bookmark
- Bhramori @ The Crazy Perfectionist
- Michelle @ The Writing Hufflepuff
- Melanie @ Dat Little Blog
- Lia @ Bookland
- Syc @ The Lit Mermaid
- Kimsiang @ Lazy Caramel Reads
- Vivian @ Outside Hook
- Aentee @ Read at Midnight
I’m not sure who did or didn’t do this tag, so if I tag you and you already did it, simply leave the link to it below or ignore. 🙂 Otherwise, I’ll be looking forward to your answers!
So that’s it for this tag! Have a great weekend (what’s left of it, anyway)!