Hi there! I’ve been quite busy lately (doing hardcore studying, unfortunately) and I’ve had to put off this post for quite some time. But I finally have some breathing room and have the chance now to finish up this post! 🙂
A huge thanks to: Ashley @ Dear World… , Becca @ Becca and Books, Bhramori @ The Crazy Perfectionist, Emily @ The Diary of a Bibliophile, Erika @ Erika in Bookventureland , Hadjar @ Manyreads, Jessica @ Viper & Plum, Tasha @ The Bookie Monsters, The Write Stuff @ Thewritestuff123 and Zin @ Books ‘N’ Feathers for all nominating me for this award! I’m so honoured to be recognized by these lovely people. These stunning bloggers have wonderful blogs, and if you haven’t already checked them out, do so now! You won’t regret it. ❤
UPDATE: I’m going to be making this a two-part post, as there are a lot of questions to answer to, so I’m only going to have Ashley, Bhramori and Emily’s questions’ answers on this post. Part 2 will include Zin’s questions and the questions from the rest of the lovely bloggers who nominated me. 😉
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and link their website.
- Insert the award logo in your blog post.
- Answer the ten questions that were provided by the nominator.
- Nominate ten bloggers.
- Create ten new questions for your nominees.
Questions from Ashley:
Ughh there are so many books I’d love to be stuck in! But I’m going to have to go with the Harry Potter books. I mean, come on. HP wins, hands down. #Hogwartsrules #Iamnotamuggle
2. What is your go to book when you are feeling down?
I don’t have any specific book for this to be honest. I guess I’d usually go for a contemporary romance kind of thing, to kind of make me feel all warm and gooey and whatnot. Other time I might go for a fantasy and action packed book, to help ignore my troubles, I guess.
3. If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere, which three books would you want to have with you?
Noooooo this question is killing me! Okay, I guess I’d go with:
- Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows
- How to Survive on a Deserted Island (doesn’t exist as far as I know but something along this kind of book works) 😉
- A contemporary novel (to make sure I don’t become depressed) like The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West.
4. What is a book that made you laugh the hardest?
This is a very boring answer, but I’ll have to go with I don’t know. I don’t laugh that much when reading books, but I do smile and occasionally chuckle/giggle. So really I can’t say.
5. What is one book that you wish was made into a movie?
Only one? 😦 There are so many awesome books that should be made into a movie! But I guess I have to go with: The Selection by Kiera Cass or the Airhead trilogy by Meg Cabot. The Selection is self-explanatory I think, and as for the Airhead trilogy it’s not that well-known I think, but in combining all three novels, the storyline makes for quite the entertaining movie.
Gone by Michael Grant also pops into my head, but I think that would be better suited for a TV show. Maybe.
6. What is your favorite genre and favorite book from that genre?
I don’t have ONE favorite genre (or favorite book, for that matter!), so: (All linked titles link to my review on it, or in the case of series titles, link to the first book in the series)
YA Dystopia: Legend by Marie Lu, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, other books I don’t remember right now.
YA Contemporary & Romance: The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West, The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen, To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han, Love Rosie by Cecelia Ahern, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
YA Fantasy/Urban Fantasy: Percy Jackson/Heroes of Oympus series by Rick Riordan, Tiger’s Saga by Colleen Houck, Penryn & the End of Days trilogy by Susan Ee, Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare, Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
YA Sci-Fi: A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray, other books I don’t remember right now.
7. What book are you dying to read?
So many!! Countless books, I can’t only name one.
8. Do you own more physical copies of books or e-books?
E-books. I’m trying to collect more physical copies, but I have WAY more e-books. (Curse you, Bookbub!)
9. If you could check up on anyone from one of the books you read, who would it be?
Ugh this is so hard! Here’s a quick top 10 list:
- Rose & Dimitri from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- Katy & Daemon from Lux series by Jennifer Armentrout
- Katniss & Peeta from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Penryn & Raffe from Penryn & the End of Days by Susan Ee
- Harry, Ron & Hermione from Harry Potter by J.K Rowling
- Macy & Wes from The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
- Gia & Fill-in Bradley from The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
- Clary & Jace from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
- Tessa, Will & Jem from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
- The 7 Heroes from Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan (Percy, Annabeth, Jason, etc.)
10. What is a favorite book you’ve ever read and a book you didn’t like?
Aghh such hard questions, Ashley! I can’t answer a favorite book, I honestly can’t choose between the hundreds I have! A couple of books I didn’t like that much though: Matched by Ally Condie & Flash Point by Nancy Kress
Questions from Bhramori:
1. What’s your favorite eye colour?
I don’t know, actually! I guess I really like light brown, blue, and green. Especially green. I don’t know, I just find green to be such a magical colour for eyes! Grey colors are also really cool.
2. Any peculiar reading habits?
Hmm… does eating at mealtimes count? I do that often, though I’m trying to break that habit. I did do a Reading Habits tag, so you can check that out, but I wouldn’t say I have any ‘peculiar’ reading habits on there. I do know I HAVE peculiar reading habits, but I just don’t remember them right now. 🙂
3. Favourite festival?
I only remember going to Winterlude, or the Tulip Festival, so… sure, I guess I can count those as my favorites?
4. Earliest childhood memory?
First time going to Boston and being scared that we were lost. (Which we were actually, ’cause our GPS was glitching…) Oh, and I was crying ’cause I had to the bathroom. Hey, I was like, 3. Or 5. Something like that. That’s the earliest I remember…
5. A book you keep recommending to everyone you meet?
It depends on what genre ‘everyone’ likes, but Harry Potter is an automatic recommendation to people. How could you not read Harry Potter and still not have been killed by the forces of Potterhead who would chase you with their wands? Like, let’s get real here!
6. Your biggest fear?
My books disappear. Like, I’m serious. If my books (or my Kobo!) disappear, I swear I would break down and never get back up. (You know you’re a book addict when…) 😉 Oh, and if I fail at school. I’m a huge perfectionist when it comes to school, so failing school is unthinkable.
7. Anything that you would like to change about yourself?
My eyesight! I have terrible eyesight, and if I could change that, I’d do so in a second.
8. Your favourite types of fictional males?
My favorite types of fictional males, huh? Well, I guess I like these characteristics:
- bad-boy who isn’t really that bad
9. First book you remember reading?
Well, I know I read countless picture books that I will not bother naming, but I guess the first book I remember reading would be any of the Rainbow Magic books by Daisy Meadows. Don’t judge!
10. Your favourite character names?
- Cather & Wren from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- June & Day from Legend by Marie Lu
- Annabeth from Percy Jackson & Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan
These are more uncommon names I would say, but I really like them! There are several other character names I like, but I just can’t remember them at the moment.
Questions from Emily:
1. What is your opinion of e-reading?
I love it! I had read only e-books for so long, and had once even gotten out of touch with actual books. Now, I read both physical books and e-books, but e-reading is always enjoyable.
I wouldn’t say I specifically hated the protagonist, but I definitely didn’t like it all that much, for the book Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick. Nora (the main character) just really annoyed me! But the story was great. 🙂
3. Name a book that made you want to read more.
Umm, all books? 🙂 I’ll go with 2 books; A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray and The Heir by Kiera Cass. Both books (especially the latter) ended on a cliffhanger that just really made me want to know more! Oh, and To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before too.
4. Do you have a preferred place to read (i.e. outside, library, Starbucks, your bed, etc,.)? If so, where?
Nope, not really! I just read wherever I feel comfortable! 😉 My bed is one of those places though!
5. Name a classic book that you have yet to read.
Emma by Jane Austen. I believe I will read Emma for the Popsugar challenge, and I’m looking forward to it!
6. Is there a book that you read that changed your perspective on something?
I would say A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray changed my perspective, or at least strengthened, my perspective on family. Marguerite’s loss of her father was just so strong, the entire plot started off with her determination to avenge her father’s death. Angelfall by Susan Ee was another book that really made me think of family; Penryn’s actions were all to save her sister, all to keep her family safe. It was just an eye-opener, you know? That family shouldn’t be taken for granted.
7. Other than reading, what do you like to do in your spare time?
In my spare time… (not that I have much these days, mind you) I guess now that I’ve started blogging, I often work on some future posts and reviews. Other than that though I like write, or surf the internet for random stuff. 🙂 I like swimming too, though I don’t do it much these days. On the days I make an effort to exercise, I also go running outside.
8. Are there any books that you want that cost more than $100? If so, what is it?
Nope, never met a book (yet) that costs that much!
- What is your favorite book cover? Why?
- What is your least favorite book you read this year?
- What makes you love a book?
- Do you snack while reading? If so, what do you snack on?
- What is the longest time you’ve gone without reading?
- What is your favorite film adaptation of a book?
- What is the largest amount of money you have ever spent on books at one time?
- Which books have you re-read many times?
- Which book character would you want as your significant other? Why?
- Which book character do you think is most like you? What character would you most like to be?
- Andreea @ To All the Books I’ve Loved Before
- Dani @ Dani Review Things
- Carolyn @ A Hundred Thousand Stories
- Tiffani @ The Book Venom
- Beatrice @ Beatrice Learns to Read
- All ‘Bout Them Books & Stuff
- Katie @ Clumsy Katie Reads Books
- Elly @ A Hufflepuff’s Thoughts
- Parneet @ The Enchanted Book
- Taylor & Stephanie @ Bibliophile Gathering
I tried to nominate people who haven’t already gotten this award, but if you have and aren’t interested this time, feel free to ignore, or let me know by leaving a link to your award post! And since you all deserve to be recognized, I hereby officially nominate you (whether you’re listed or not) if you want to participate. I’d love to read your answers! ❤
Thank you again Ashley, Becca, Bhramori, Emily, Erika, Jessica, Hadjar, The Write Stuff & Zin for nominating me for this award! It means a lot to me and I hope you guys know that! 😉 (Sorry for being so late with this post!)
Have a wonderful day!