Hello! Armchair BEA is coming to an end, unfortunately! Today’s topic is Book to Movie Adaptations:
Book to Movie Adaptions
What books do you want to be made into a movie or television show? What are some of your favorites? We’ll explore more about this topic, especially what works and what doesn’t. Are there any upcoming shows or movies that you’re excited for? What are your recommendations?
Book to movie adaptations that I think stayed true to the book:
- Harry Potter. These movies were all amazing, and there’s no big issue I have with them! The actors were spot-on and I will always remember them as perfect HP characters. I think these movies are one of the best book-to-movie adaptations out there, to be honest. I just loved these movies so much!
- Hunger Games. These movies were another really good book-to-movie adaptation. I think Jennifer Lawrence made a great Katniss, and the plot stayed pretty close to the book.
- The Fault in Our Stars. This movie was another adaptation that I think was spot-on. It wasn’t better than the book, but definitely is a rival. It was just that good (in terms of being similar to the book).
- Pride and Prejudice (2005). This was the only adaptation I’ve seen of Pride and Prejudice, and I really liked it! It was pretty similar to the book, I think.
- The Princess Diaries. This adaptation wasn’t that similar with the book, but it was a really good movie, so it’s on this list!