Hi again! Today’s Top Ten Tuesday (a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) theme (provided by The Broke and The Bookish) is Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books (anything that inspires you, challenges you, makes you think, encourages you, etc.). I’ll try to have quotes from different books (of the YA genre mostly). Let’s get started!
In no particular order:
1. “No one can hate you with more intensity than someone who used to love you.”
–Hylla, The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan
This is a very meaningful quote, in my opinion. It’s a very insightful statement that applies in many situations in books, but also real life. I see or read about different circumstances in which the reason a person was doing something was because of a love-now-hate reason.
2. “Only the very weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry.”
-Tessa Gray, Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
This is so true! One of the reasons I love Tessa; she loves books! And this is absolutely correct. Literature is extremely influential, and anyone who says otherwise are definitely weak-minded and should be hanged for insulting literature in such a way. Or worse.
3. “Where there is love, there is often also hate. They can exist side by side.”
-Hodge Starkweather, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
This is another meaningful and insightful quote that is also true for both books and real life scenarios. Like the first quote I mentioned, in the Blood of Olympus, this one’s another one that is about love and hate that I can apply in several situations.
4. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”
-Dumbledore, Harry Potter & the Philosopher/Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
This one’s a really good quote I like because there have been times where I had to stand up to a friend, because of something they were going to say to someone, or about something they were saying about me. I know lots of other people have to go through that (luckily I don’t have to that often) and so this is an inspiring quote to remember.
5. “Thinking something does not make it true. Wanting something does not make it real.”
-Mara, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
So true! This one will definitely be kept in mind. This one’s a good quote when I’m daydreaming about something I can’t have. 🙂 Shoots down my daydreams quickly.
6. “You never know how much time you’ll have.”
-Melanie, The Host by Stephanie Meyer
Quite true, quite true. Who knows how much time we have left? (And I mean as in life and death.) We don’t. It’s quick, it’s unknown. So much the better if you keep that in mind. 😉
7. “We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.”
-Four, Divergent by Veronica Roth
This one’s very inspiring. Not that many people I see usually helps someone out, by standing up for them. That’s why we have bullies, and why there is still people hurt in the world. If you could do at least one small thing to help someone out, even if it makes you a bully’s target or whatever, you should do it. ❤
8. “If you don’t imagine, nothing ever happens at all.”
-Margo Roth Spiegelman, Paper Towns by John Green
As Albert Einstein said, “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” Must I say more than that? Imagination if very important, and both of these quotes are good to remember.
9. “To love is not weak. Love is the strongest thing there is.”
-Aiden St. Delphi, Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout
This is another great quote, because it’s so true. We see this in so many books everyday, and in Harry Potter, what did he have that Voldemort did not? The power to love.
10. “Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything’s possible again. You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time.”
-Day, Legend by Marie Lu
I like to keep this in mind when I’ve had a particularly rough day. Just say to myself, It’s okay. The day will be over, and everything’s possible again. Just a little fix-me-up quote. 🙂
So that’s it for this week’s Top 10 Tuesday! What did you think about these quotes? Do they make your Top 10 Quotes list (at least for the YA genre)? Make sure to comment below!