Oh my god I don’t know where to start!!! First off, thank you so much to Casey @ inspiredbythepage (love the name by the way) for nominating me for the Liebster Award! You don’t know how much this means to me since I have only been blogging recently and never expected to be recognized with this honor! ❤ Thank you thank you thank you! 😀 Her blog is awesome by the way so please be sure to check it out!
Okay, so, moving on.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than or equal to 3000 followers.
- Ask your nominees 11 new questions.
My 11 Random Facts (It’s probably not all that interesting, but here goes!)
1. I live in Canada (and has lived here almost all my life) but was born in Boston, Massachusetts.
2. I dislike the color of bright yellow.
3. I’m an Aries.
4. I’m scared of dogs. (I think I mentioned this on my About page but oh well.)
5. I have lots of trouble with tightening my writing and love to ramble on and on and on and…you get the picture.
6. I hate the cold. My favorite season changes sometimes, but at this time it’s shifting between fall and spring.
7. I LOVE British accents!!!
8. I strongly dislike fizzy drinks. (I know, I know. *Runs for cover as people throws their drinks and books at me.*)
9. I never got a cavity. 🙂
10. I usually don’t listen to music while reading, but when I’m really into a book, and I’m listening to music, I usually don’t really notice it.
11. I never once got sick reading in a car, thankfully. (I also mentioned this in The Ultimate Book Tag.) 🙂
My answers to 11 Questions
1. Why did you start blogging?
Well, there were several reasons. One of them was that I remembered creating blogs and writing posts for our writing mark in school before, and how I enjoyed that. There were also several book blogs I liked that had many book recommendations, and after writing a few reviews of my own, on Goodreads and stuff, I realized how much I enjoyed reviewing books! Since reading books and writing are both two of my favorite activites, the idea of writing about books on a blog interested me.
2. What book do you think is overhyped?
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Before you scold me, I’m going to say that I did not dislike it. I enjoyed it and did not have any serious issues with it, however, it’s not all the amazing things people obsessed over. Sorry, TFIOS fans!
3. Do you prefer physical books or ebooks?
If you asked me this a bit over 2 years ago, I would’ve answered physical books in a heartbeat. If you asked me this around a year ago, I would’ve answered ebooks without hesitation. But now, I guess I’d have to go with both. I’ve had my Kobo for a while now, and that got me to lose touch with physical books for a while. It was nice to have a lot of my books on one simple device. But after I lost my Kobo for a while, I lost touch with the ebook world! Now I have back my Kobo, and I guess I favor both physical copies as well as ebooks.
4. What is the most annoying character trait (in book characters or people in general)?
Ooh, this is a tough one. I’m generally fine with most character traits, as long as they’re relatable and it doesn’t annoy me too much. I guess the most annoying character trait for me in books would be too much arrogance (arrogance is fine, just there’s a limit), or someone with a condescending nature.
5. How did you chose the name of your blog?
I’m not actually all that sure. I guess it kind of came about while I was brainstorming names with the word ‘books’ that sounded good, and I just happened to be eating a chocolate bar at the time. I also happen to binge on books often whereas most people eat junk food, so BookSnacks was perfect.
6. Who is the character you hate the most and why?
I wouldn’t say I hate this character the most, because there are others that also get that title, however Dolores Umbridge is definitely one of the characters I hate because she has literally no redeeming quality; Froglike face, commanding, controlling actions and simply immensely insufferable and utterly condescending, and condescending nature, like mentioned in my answer to the 4th question above, is one of the most annoying character trait.
7. Who is your favorite character and why?
I can’t just choose one favorite character, so I’ll name a few:
- Rosemarie Hathaway from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead OR Alexandria Andros from The Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout (as they are similar in personality) because they’re not afraid to stand up for what’s right.
- Hermione Granger from Harry Potter by J.K Rowlings (duh) because I love how she’s a quick thinker and stays strong despite being teased, and that she’s a witch, and I could go on, but I’ll stop there. 🙂
- Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins because she’s rebellious yet cares a lot for her friends and family.
- June Iparis from Legend by Marie Lu because she’s loyal and fierce (and I know this is a short description and inadequate reason, but I’m trying to fit in more favourite characters).
- Daniel Wing from Legend by Marie Lu because his compassion for those he cares about and his love for his family is sweet and heartbreaking.
- Tris Prior from Divergent by Veronica Roth because her bravery and selflessness is inspiring (although I hated the ending in Allegiant that was caused by her selfless nature).
- Tessa Grey from The Infernal Devices because she’s just so relatable and following her on her journey to figuring out who and what she really is was awesome.
Phew, this was a big list! Sorry fellas! Kind of rambled on here. There’s still a lot more, but I’ll settle for these ones for now. 😉
8. What really good book has the most ugly cover?
This isn’t just one book, but it could apply individually as well: The Harry Potter Series. The covers for these books are varied, but the American version of the covers are really ugly and undeserving for the HP series. The British version of the covers are better.
9. Who is your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
Ugh I’m obsessed with so many; William Herondale and Jem Carstairs from Infernal Devices, Jace Wayland from The Mortal Instruments, Aiden St. Delphi from The Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Will Darcy from Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg, and so much more! They keep shifting with each book I read. For now, I’m more obsessed with Ren or Kishan from the Tiger Saga by Colleen Houck. 🙂
10. What are your other passions besides reading?
Well, like I mentioned before, I love writing as well. I’m currently brainstorming for a novel I’m planning to write, but so far it seems like I have writer’s block. Apart from reading and writing, I also enjoy singing, though I don’t believe myself to be that good at it, and I enjoy swimming as well.
11. What character would you want with you in the Hunger Games?
I’m assuming this means a character from another book, in which case I’d go with Hermione Granger (Hello? Magic will defeat everyone!), Tris Prior, or Rose Hathaway. There are several other choices, but these characters are one of the first choices that popped into my head.
I nominate (in no particular order)…
3. The Bookgasm
…For the Liebster Award! Keep up the good work!
My questions for the nominees:
- What is your favourite book-to-film adaptation OR what is a book/series you would like to see as a movie?
- If you could jump into any bookish world, where would it be? Why?
- Who is your favourite author and why? (You can name more than one if you want.)
- What is your most prized book?
- What character from a book would you like to meet, and why?
- What is/are your favourite quote(s)?
- What quality do you appreciate in a character?
- What are three books you can’t live without?
- What places would you like to visit and why?
- Who is someone you consider a hero?
- What do you think are your best qualities?
Thanks again to Casey @ inspiredbythepage (which I hope you check out) for this honor. I hope you all enjoyed reading my answers! All of you bloggers out there rule so I hope you all keep up the good work!